StatCounter

Friday, April 26, 2013

Cross Contaminations in the Future Shock Biz

This is also what happens when you mix cheese and corn together.

Making predictions sometimes looks like this ad from the 80s. No, it doesn't mean I wear a Walkman and strut down the street like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever to get the information I get.
  I mean sometimes wires get crossed and what I thought was happening in one instance was actually happening in another instance I was picking up on and the two events somehow blend into one big affair or one gets confused for the other. So accurate information comes out, but removed from the proper context, it creates at times unintentionally hilarious results. 

One time I did a reading at a party for two men I had just met who were friends. 
As so often happens, once people find out what I do for a living, they want to see a demonstration. 
So, briefly giving in (and being a little tipsy), I described Man #1 in detail for a minute or two: about his life, his likes and dislikes, even what kind of food he liked to eat.
Then I did the same thing for Man #2, again very detailed. 

They looked at each other with expressions of stunned amazement while pointing to the other person at the same time and each saying something to the effect of "You described him (when you thought you were describing me)!" 

This is what can happen when "the vessel" has had a couple drinks.

I hope this gives you some insight into what is at times a difficult task to say the least and helps shed some light on my process and how the information given is sometimes about as easy to figure out as a pile of tangled string. 



No comments:

Post a Comment